We’re looking for a permanent, full time Assistant Buyer (AB) to support the growth of our dynamic and passionate Buying team, at our Head Office in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. This is a fast paced and varied role with great potential for progression. Ideally you will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a previous Assistant Buyer role.
To join our vibrant and fast growing business as an Assistant Buyer.
You’ll need to have creative flair, passion and commercial awareness, as well as a clear understanding of the Mint Velvet customer and brand handwriting. You’ll have the ability to work in a small close-knit team and be able to demonstrate excellent communication, organisation and prioritisation skills through your previous experience in a retail Buying department. And by no means least, you’ll need to be an inspirational, helpful and informed role model and know, wear and live the Mint Velvet style.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Buyer in sourcing, developing and buying a commercial range that maximises sales and profit
- Having a clear understanding of the MV customer and brand handwriting, as well as demonstrating knowledge of what our competitive set are doing on the high street
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships within the buying team, merchandisers and suppliers
- Manage upkeep of critical path
- Manage smooth running of fit sessions
- Prepare and present weekly department performance and delivery schedule meetings
- Attend Supplier meetings and ensure these are documented and followed through
- Sample management
- Source and select trims for Buyer’s approval
- Responsible for the development and training of the Buying Admin Assistant within the team
You'll be rewarded with
A competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, a discretionary bonus scheme, generous staff discount and clothing allowance and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced and growing business.
If you have the experience and passion for this role
If you feel you have the energy, enthusiasm and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Buyer” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To Apply :
OR Email us : email@example.com
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.