Branch Trading Manager
As Branch Trading Manager, your primary responsibility is to ensure the stock levels in all our ‘Bricks’ stores are optimised to drive sales & margins. Undertaking analysis to determine each store’s overall stock levels and mix by product department level. You are responsible for where best to direct replenishment to maximise full price sell thru.
You will act as the Head Office merchandising point of contact for the Retail teams, building strong relationships with them that enable you to effectively and quickly prioritise and respond to requests for support/advice according to business need. You also hold the brand relationship with our third party clearance partners.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS A BRANCH TRADING MANAGER…
You will be a highly numerical and data-driven individual who takes a collaborative approach to work- focusing on strong relationship building. You demonstrate excellent communication skills can communication effectively with people at all levels- and are able to influence effectively. You’re brilliantly organised with the ability to prioritise your workload in order to get the job done to the highest standards.
You are a self- starter, confident to admit if you do not know something and able to seek advice from others. You are resilient and able to adapt to change, focusing on solutions not problems.
You will have previous experience in a similar role with a fashion retailer. Also, you’re a capable line manager, with the ability to motivate & develop your team to drive results.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand values: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’, ‘Passion & Drive’, ‘Courage & Resilience’, ‘Collaborative’ and ‘With Soul’.
If this sounds like you and you’re motivated and excited to learn more we can’t wait to hear from you.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Carrying out regular analytical reviews of all bricks stores at product department level, & working alongside the Trading Director to produce a new ‘Store Grading’ on a quarterly basis
- Maintaining ongoing awareness of brand intake volumes & the detail of intake once it is booked into our DC
- Acting as a the brand expert in Allocations - conducting training for new starters & refresher training for more experienced team members
- Taking responsibility for ensuring replenishment parameters are maintained within Merret & being accountable for all replenishment to bricks stores & ecommerce locations
- Analysing weekly store stock levels & sales trends to ensure the latest thinking is applied when managing replenishment
- Overseeing the trading of our Outlet stores, ensuring we are prioritising clearing terminal stock whilst optimising sales in these stores, including suggesting additional markdowns & Outlet promotions at style and department level
- Ensuring you are aware of all Brand Trading activity and the impact it will have on stores and their required replenishment
- Performing ad hoc store-based analysis in response to queries from the Retail Teams, brand Directors or Product Merchandising
- Providing weekly forecasts to the DC so they are aware of projected pick volumes
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the Retail team, answering queries and giving guidance on how best to manage stock already in store
- Acting as the point of contact for all clearance partners, manage any ‘sales’ through from first conversation to DC despatch
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH:
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Branch Trading Manager” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.