We are always interested in meeting exceptional talent within Buying- if you’re currently either a Junior Buyer or Buyer looking for your next step, then we’d love to hear from you!
As a Buyer, you will use commercial thinking and creative flair to help develop and buy the season’s must-haves, independently managing our own product area to achieve the most balanced and commercially relevant product range.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS BUYER…
You will be confident managing the buying process and will have the ability to think both creatively and logically, processing information from a range of sources while keeping an eye on the bigger picture. You have as strong commercial awareness and a high level of financial understanding & numeracy as well as affinity with product.
You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, and an ability to collaborate effectively with and influence people at all levels. You will be brilliantly organised with the ability to prioritise your workload in order to get the job done to the highest standards.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand values: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’, ‘Passion & Drive’, ‘Courage & Resilience’, ‘Collaborative’ and ‘With Soul’.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Work closely with the Designer to interpret trends and develop a balanced and commercially relevant range
- Contribute to the brand product strategy and ensure the team and suppliers clearly understand the strategic direction for the season
- Deliver a range that demonstrates and exhibits Mint Velvet handwriting
- Actively review and update the product range throughout the season; responding to sales were necessary
- Maximise profitability irrespective of changes in trend
- Negotiate costs with suppliers to achieve best value
- outstanding knowledge of what our competitive set are doing on the high street and online- conducting regular visits to assess their ranges and activities
- Work closely with the Merchandiser to plan and manage profit targets at all times
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across departments and externally with suppliers
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH:
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance and access to Smart Health
- Life assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Summer hours- 3pm finishes every Friday throughout June, July & August
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Buyer” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.