Buyers Admin Assistant
We’re looking for the next generation of Buyers to join the Mint Velvet team. Based in our stunning head office in High Wycombe, our product teams live and breathe fashion, translating the trends into relaxed and covetable styles that our customer has to have. The Buyers Admin Assistant (BAA) role is your first step into a dynamic career in Buying. You’ll learn the business from its heart, developing the commercial thinking and creative flair to help you develop and buy the season’s must-haves.
- Providing strong administrative support ensuring that the day to day running of your department is smooth
- Managing buying samples across the department, ensuring they’re always organised and ready for reviews, fit sessions and marketing requests
- Preparing buying samples for meetings (internal & external) in line with our high presentation standards
- Assisting with fit sessions, recording comments and actioning any relevant follow-up communication
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with your colleagues across Design, Buying and Merchandising, Garment Technology, Digital and Marketing
- Developing strong relationships externally with suppliers
- Proactively maintaining the critical path, demonstrating an extensive and detailed knowledge of every item within your product range
- Utilising your strong product knowledge to ensure the right product is always available for in-house shoots for the Internet
- Supporting the team on trims, bulk fabric, fit and final product approval within the development process to ensure we always deliver the highest quality product to the customer
- Understanding department sales performance (Trade) and suggesting ideas to improve
- Combining a clear understanding of the Mint Velvet customer and brand handwriting, as well as trend and competitor knowledge, to input into product decisions and the department product development process
- An authentic creative passion and eye for product and emerging trends, proactive in seeking out your own inspiration
- The ability to think both creatively and logically, processing information from a range of sources while keeping an eye on the bigger picture
- The ability to articulate yourself clearly and confidently
- A collaborative approach - strong relationship-building and communication skills
- Resilience in adapting to change
- Openness to constructive feedback
- The courage to back your decisions, try new things and challenge when necessary
- A naturally curious approach and ability to work through problems
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Commercial awareness - a level of financial understanding and numeracy as well as affinity with product
- A strong personal drive to succeed in your career
- A passion for and interest in the Mint Velvet brand and customer
At Mint Velvet we believe potential is as important as experience, so you don’t have to have a fashion-related degree to apply as long as you love product and are determined to build a career in Buying. What we do value is a great work-ethic, so demonstrating work experience (whether paid, voluntary or extra-curricular) is essential, ideally within a retail, creative or other customer-facing environment.
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more!
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Buyers Admin Assistant’” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview with one of our Buying team. At interview we usually set candidates a project brief, as well as offer you the opportunity to demonstrate your product and commercial knowledge with a product exercise.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.