Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Manager
In this exciting new role you will lead on Mint Velvet’s corporate responsibility programme - devising and supporting a progressive and comprehensive CSR strategy that is fit for the future. With the support of our CSR Coordinator, you will partner closely with our CEO and a wider cross-functional team to realise our Brand CSR objectives. This is a role where you can truly make a difference.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS CSR MANAGER…
You will have proven experience managing CSR programmes in a retail or FMCG environment. You have strong expertise in ethical and environmental supply chain management and have in-depth knowledge of the industry and best practice; in terms of environmental and social issues. You have the ability to convey complex messages with clarity and a level of detail appropriate to the audience - building understanding, influence and followership.
You will be future-focused and pragmatic, able to think strategically and also deliver against agreed targets and deliverables. You will demonstrate excellent networking skills and experience in developing and maintaining impactful internal and external relationships. You are able to work autonomously as well as part of a collaborative team, confident in taking decisions and making things happen.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand values: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’, ‘Passion & Drive’, ‘Courage & Resilience’, ‘Collaborative’ and ‘With Soul’.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsible for the delivery of strategic environmental and social supply chain programmes, exercising robust due diligence and meeting ambitious targets and KPIs
- Working with our Retail team to build and improve our capacity to trade ethically and more sustainably, through training, engagement and awareness raising
- Developing strong relationships with suppliers to build capability to implement best practice ethical and environmental standards
- Leading on supply chain mapping, visibility and transparency
- Identification of supply chain and business risks in relation to environmental and social issues
- Scoping and managing external relationships with partner organisations and network
- Supporting the development of a circular economy and climate change mitigation strategies
- Working with Marketing to build and proactively manage our corporate responsibility communications strategy
- Working with Marketing and Brand Experience to explore and implement sustainable packaging opportunities
- Working with Retail Operations to lower our environment impact in stores
- Working closely with Marketing to align our Charity partnerships with the broader CSR strategy
- Continuously building your understanding of Mint Velvet’s customer and market position - regularly undertaking market research in relation to CSR activity and using your findings to highlight and act on any ideas, opportunities or concerns back in your role
- Being proactive in driving your own personal development and performance – seeking & receiving constructive feedback, setting stretching objectives, driving regular development conversations with your manager and utilising training, development and support resources available
- Facilitating and supporting wider teams to achieve our CSR objectives - creating and leading a high-performance multi-functional team, balancing self-awareness with your understanding of others’ styles to get the best out of your working relationships
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH:
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Manager” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.