Our Design team is a creative hub which researches current fashion trends and make sense of them for the MV customer. Taking inspiration from around the world, the team forecast what will be popular and the next ‘must have’ piece.
As Design Assistant you will play a pivot role in supporting the Senior Designer to influence product development. You will be working on our growing Tops & Dresses department and will assist in all aspects from generating ideas to researching materials.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS A DESIGN ASSISTANT…
You will have either graduated with a degree or completed a BTEC in Design and will have proven industry experience, within a fast-paced brand or supplier environment.
You will be passionate about creative design, with a strong brand focus and keen commercial eye. You will be able to demonstrate hand drawn designs, as well as CAD work with Photoshop and Illustrator.
You’ll be a great communicator, who takes a collaborative approach- focussing on building strong relationships. You will be resilient, adaptable and open to constructive feedback.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand values: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’, ‘Passion & Drive’, ‘Courage & Resilience’, ‘Collaborative’ and ‘With Soul’.
If you are excited to learn more, we’d love to hear from you!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Support the Design team to influence product development
- Assist the Senior Tops & Dresses Designer in daily tasks
- Analyse the catwalk shows and summarise trends
- Sketch and spec designs to send to our suppliers
- Research and propose ideas for product development with a focus on new trims, details and colours
- Weekly shop reports
- Contribute to trend updates
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Design Assistant” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.