As Financial Accountant you will play a central role in our finance function. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all financial accounting for Mint Velvet, implementing robust financial controls and processes, and suggesting improvements and efficiencies within the team. You will be responsible for the delivery of the year-end audit, including the production of the statutory accounts in a timely manner in accordance with FRS 102. You will also be the main point of contact for Group reporting and all tax and compliance matters.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS A FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT…
You will be a technically strong finance professional, ACA or ACCA qualified with proven PQ experience. You’ve also managed the preparation of consolidated statutory accounts under FRS 102. If you have used Pegasus Opera that is a bonus, but not essential.
You are resilient, adaptable and can effectively lead your team through both anticipated and unexpected challenges. You are excellent at communicating and relationship-building.
You’re great at manipulating data with strong Excel skills and apply a strong commercial mind-set to all that you do.
You have an appreciation of and desire to learn about new technology, able to recommend or assist in implementing solutions that will help achieve the business’ objectives.
You will demonstrate an excellent understanding the Mint Velvet customer and brand, ensuring you’re always aware of our market position and trading performance.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand values: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’, ‘Passion & Drive’, ‘Courage & Resilience’, ‘Collaborative’ and ‘With Soul’.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Preparation of statutory accounts at both company and Group level, including consolidations
- Leading on all technical accounting matters and ensuring ongoing compliance with FRS 102
- Helping to ensure that the internal systems and controls in place are appropriate for the scale and complexity of the business, driving improvement where necessary
- Overseeing the audit process with external auditors
- Taking responsibility for quarterly group reporting Responsible for all tax compliance within the business, liaising with Group accounting team to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Accurately account for FX contracts under both hedge and non-hedge accounting, determining the correct approach based on the contract type
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations monthly, ensuring that working papers are completed to a high standard
- Leading on new projects within the finance team to automate processes
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance and access to Smart Health
- Life assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Summer hours- 3pm finishes every Friday throughout June, July & August
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Trading Coordinator” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.