Front End Developer
We are looking for a permanent and full time Front End Developer to join our Digital team. As Front End Developer you will be responsible for managing the day to day content creation for the website, supporting the existing infrastructure, and advising on best practice and industry trends across the website for User Experience. You will work closely with Digital Marketing Manager and Digital Designer, reporting to the Head of Business Systems.
To join our vibrant and fast growing business as a Front End Developer
You will be a highly creative and commercial individual with experience of building HTML emails, use of responsive CSS frameworks (Bootstrap or Foundation) to style pages across a range of device sizes and of content management systems (Wordpress, Drupal), within the retail sector.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of content development on the website, ensuring it is delivered on time, with the best possible user experience and using the best practice development techniques
- Managing the day to day changes of content, building emails and homepages
- Assist in the design and development of online services and associated Apps
- Key participant in all platform based developments, working with web platform agency to deliver projects on time
- Ongoing device and performance testing / optimisation to ensure site is working as efficiently as possible
- Attend meetings with third parties and contribute ideas for ongoing improvements and functionality
- Working with user experience team to advise on and/or assist with any technical problems on the website and on improvements to the customer journey and usability of the website
- Proposing new functionality and content changes to improve the user experience of the website
You will be rewarded with
A competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, a discretionary bonus scheme, generous staff discount and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced and growing business.
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please apply by attaching an up to date CV and covering letter explaining which role you are applying for and why you are passionate about joining Mint Velvet.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.