Junior Garment Technologist
As a Junior Garment Technologist at Mint Velvet, you will combine your passion and technical understanding to assist with the development of new product. Working with the support of the Senior Technologist and in conjunction with the design and buying teams you will help ensure that our products consistently exceed expectations with regard to quality, performance and fit.
This is a fixed term maternity cover contract, which is expected to last around 9 months starting June 2021.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS A JUNIOR GARMENT TECHNOLOGIST...
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience at an Assistant or Junior Garment Tech level in a similar business. You’ll be able to demonstrate your technical expertise and integrative thinking in all aspects of the role to consistently develop and improve the quality of the product.
You will have the ability to think both creatively and logically, able to process information with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail from a range of sources. You are brilliantly organised with the ability to prioritise your workload in order to get the job done to the highest standards.
You’ll be a great communicator, who takes a collaborative approach- focussing on building strong relationships. You will be resilient to adapting to change and open to constructive feedback.
You will embody the Mint Velvet values; demonstrating curiosity, courage, passion and selflessness. You will be brilliantly organised and a great multi-tasker who is confident to manage multiple tasks at one time whilst delivering projects to an agreed schedule.
If this sounds like you and you’re motivated and excited to learn more we can’t wait to hear from you.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Product approval process; manage fit sessions, conduct risk assessments of all products, ensure all fit comments are accurate, approve specifications and standardise blocks
- Test Approval; approve all test reports, recommend and approve all wash-care instructions and be commercially aware
- Supplier Management; develop strong links with the supply base, giving regular feedback throughout the garment approval process, completing supplier reviews on final products advising them on adherence to the supplier handbook and compliance with processes
- Quality Control; liaise with QC team at the warehouse on daily basis to understand and respond to quality issues, assist the Warehouse with SAD stock decisions, liaise with customer services regarding customer feedback and returns
YOU WILL BE REWARDED WITH
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with “Junior Garment Technologist” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.