We are looking for an experienced Knitwear Designer to join our dynamic and passionate design team based at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This position is full time and permanent. Ideally you will have a degree in fashion and approximately 3 years’ experience in knitwear design.
To join our vibrant and fast growing business as a Knitwear Designer.
You’ll need to be passionate about creative design, with a strong brand focus and keen commercial eye. You’ll have strong and clear communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across functions, and a proactive nature. You will have proven experience as a Knitwear Designer and be able to demonstrate hand draw designs, as well as work with Photoshop and Illustrator.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design knitwear range in line with our relaxed glamour ethos
- Under the direction of the Creative Director & Design Manager, you will research, interpret & design range within the Mint Velvet handwriting
- Present ideas to the Design & Buying teams each season
- Good knowledge of yarns, stitches and trims and innovative ways to mix knits with other fabrics
- Spec drawings to a high standard
- Review and fit samples with Buyer
- Visit key suppliers to action new samples
- Shop ideas for new shapes/trims etc. Commercial awareness of key competitors
- Attend any relevant shows
You'll be rewarded with
A competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, a discretionary bonus scheme, generous staff discount and clothing allowance and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced and growing business.
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please apply by clicking 'apply now' below and attaching either a completed Application Form or up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you are passionate about joining Mint Velvet. Please ensure you state which of our roles you're applying for within the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To Apply :
OR Email us : email@example.com
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.