Senior Garment Technologist
We are looking for an experienced Senior Garment Technologist to join our dynamic and passionate Product team based at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This is a permanent and full time position. Ideally you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Garment Technologist in a similar business and across all product types.
- Product approval process; manage fit sessions, conduct risk assessments of all products, ensure all fit comments are accurate, approve specifications and standardise blocks
- Test Approval; approve all test reports, recommend and approve all wash-care instructions and be commercially aware
- Supplier Management; develop strong links with the supply base, giving regular feedback throughout the garment approval process, completing supplier reviews on final products advising them on adherence to the supplier handbook and compliance with processes
- Quality Control; liaise with QC team at the warehouse on daily basis to understand and respond to quality issues, assist the Warehouse with SAD stock decisions, liaise with customer services regarding customer feedback and returns
- Passion, Self-motivation and drive
- A clear understanding of the MV brand and the customer’s needs
- Able to demonstrate your technical expertise and integrative thinking in all aspects of the role to consistently develop and improve the quality of the product
- Have clear communication skills
- The ability to build strong relationships across functions
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more!
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Garemtn Technologist’” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview with one of our Buying team. At interview we usually set candidates a project brief, as well as offer you the opportunity to demonstrate your product and commercial knowledge with a product exercise.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.