Social Media Assistant
The Social Media Assistant is a crucial member of our marketing team, playing an active role in the success of both our organic and paid social media activity. Assisting the Senior Social Media Co-ordinator with the full range of social media activity across all social channels - including content coordination, platform management and paid agency strategy - you will develop a rounded experience of social media in a fast paced and responsive retail environment.
If you are someone who’s highly analytical, creative and brand savvy, with a flair for communication and a keen eye for the new and next, we would love to hear from you.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT…
You will ideally have some experience working within social media across the fashion, retail, or lifestyle sectors, even if that is through personal projects. You have a passion for and knowledge of the fashion and lifestyle industry, and a strong sense of personal style. You demonstrate a strong working knowledge of social media and networking platforms. Experience of Photoshop or InDesign would be an advantage but is not essential.
You will have experience working in a fast-paced and responsive environment. You’re brilliantly organised with the ability to prioritise and be flexible in approaching your workload in order to get the job done to the highest standards. You’re a brilliant communicator and able to prepare and deliver presentations which create impact and interest.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand values: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’, ‘Passion & Drive’, ‘Courage & Resilience’, ‘Collaborative’ and ‘With Soul’.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Briefing, scheduling and, where needed, assisting with the copywriting of all social activity
- Managing the flow from the brief to design process through Asana to ensure all assets are delivered on time
- Supporting on simple BAU artwork updates, providing additional support to our Graphic Design team when needed
- Supporting the Senior Social Media Co-ordinator with day-to-day management with our paid social media agency, including attending meetings and following up on relevant actions
- Managing the day-to-day administration of our social ambassador programme
- Working closely with Senior Social Media Co-ordinator and Brand Partnerships & Talent Co-ordinator to research and identify relevant creators, influencers and talent for future social and content opportunities
- Taking ownership of the development and delivery of Mintie social content, under the direction of the Senior Social Media Co-ordinator
- Conducting regular analysis and reporting across our key social metrics on a weekly/monthly basis, as well as campaign-specific projects
- Keeping on top of current and emerging trends in social media and innovations in Digital Marketing
- Carrying out weekly social listening activity to ensure Mint Velvet always has its finger on the pulse
- Helping to manage customer queries across all social channels, working closely with our Customer Care team to respond and action resolutions promptly
- Optimising interactions with our communities, with daily relevant engagement with social followers
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH:
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance and access to Smart Health
- Life assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Summer hours- 3pm finishes every Friday throughout June, July & August
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Merchandising Admin Assistant” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.