Soft Wovens Designer
We are looking for an experienced Soft Wovens Designer to join our dynamic and passionate Design team based at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This is a permanent and full time position. Ideally you will have a degree in fashion and approximately 5 years’ plus experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design soft woven and jersey product in line with our relaxed glamour ethos
- Under the direction of the Creative Director & Head of Design, you will research, interpret & design range within the Mint Velvet handwriting
- Present ideas to the Design & Buying teams each season
- Manage fabric sourcing and have a good knowledge of fabrics and trims, an eye for detail and ideas on fabric mixing
- Good eye for print, will work closely with in-house Print Designer and print studios to give direction and select prints
- Spec drawings to a high standard
- Review and fit samples with Buyer
- Visit key suppliers to action new samples
- Shop ideas for new shapes/trims etc. Commercial awareness of key competitors
- Attend any relevant shows
You'll be rewarded with
A competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, a discretionary bonus scheme, generous staff discount and clothing allowance and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced and growing business.
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please apply by clicking 'apply now' below and attaching either a completed Application Form or up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you are passionate about joining Mint Velvet. Please include some samples of your work along with your application. Please ensure you state which of our roles you're applying for within the email. Closing date 16th June.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To Apply :
OR Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.