Supply Chain Coordinator
As Supply Chain Coordinator you will assist in the cost effective, timely and compliant movement of all imported and exported stock to support the business requirements.
You will ensure the smooth flow of goods from origin to final delivery destination and be continuously aware of cost efficiencies and brand requirements, whilst maintaining compliance. You will demonstrate a strong understanding of market restrictions.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS A SUPPLY CHAIN COORDINATOR…
You will ideally have experience in a similar role within a fast-pace retail environment and will be comfortable working with numbers & data. You will have strong negotiation skills and an ability to influence others.
You demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written & interpersonal and are comfortable presenting to others. You will be brilliantly organised with the ability to prioritise your workload in order to get the job done to the highest standards.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand values: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’, ‘Passion & Drive’, ‘Courage & Resilience’, ‘Collaborative’ and ‘With Soul’.
If this sounds like you and you’re motivated and excited to learn more we can’t wait to hear from you.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Being the main point of contact for Freight Forwarders and the DC on imports and exports to ensure a smooth flow of goods from origin to planned destination
- Ensuring Lima (Allport track & trace system) and Work-In-Progress reports are correctly reflecting the status of the POs
- Ensuring Buying, Merchandising & Digital teams are well informed and updated on all import/export processes and costs
- Communicating any stock delays to B&M as well as Digital team to minimise impact on pack launches/marketing activity
- Monitoring delays and notifying Import/Export Supervisor of any recurring delays
- Calculating freight pre costings and communicate along with other relevant information to the teams in order to assist them in making informed decisions
- Collating quotes for all air freight Goods on Hangers (GOH)
- Monitoring the Import and Export database to identify any trends/anomalies
- Confidently checking and flagging any errors on customs entries
- Ensuring that all Import/Export invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner for payment
- Supporting the Import/Export Supervisor in the post-Brexit transition and implementation of new legislation
- Having an awareness of unusual or restricted products coming into the business to ensuring correct certification is obtained and correct commodity codes used
- Providing support and information to the Import/Export Supervisor for Freight Forwarder Operational meetings and attend meetings as required
- Working closely with the Merchandising teams to ensure that intake on the line details is maintained and updated accurately
- Ensuring all import/export processes/customs practices are compliant and are updated in line with changing HMRC legislation in order to maintain compliance
- Assisting Import/Export Supervisor in providing information for HMRC Audits
- Along with the Import/Export Supervisor, managing and maintaining all import/export procedures and review quarterly
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH:
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Supply Chain Coordinator” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.