Head of Supply Chain/Supply Chain Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic and commercially focussed supply chain professional to play a central leadership role in our commercial function. You will be responsible for leading the effective management of our supply chain, driving both operational and commercial efficiencies while supporting the growth of the business.
You will also work closely with wider Finance and B&M teams to identify ongoing risks and opportunities across our supply chain, leading the team to respond effectively to these. You will be an inspiring leader for your team and great colleague to those you work with, knowing that a strong team achieves more than a team of strong individuals ever will.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS HEAD OF SUPPLY CHAIN / SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER…
You will have proven commercial supply chain experience within a fast- paced and consumer focused environment. You are able to ‘translate’ your deep technical understanding into practical and relevant messages that give clarity and gain buy- in.
You have a strategic mind- set and demonstrate great agility- able to anticipate challenges to respond and adapt effectively. You take a highly collaborative approach – focusing on strong relationship-building.
You demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written & interpersonal and are comfortable presenting to others. You will be brilliantly organised with the ability to prioritise your workload in order to get the job done to the highest standards.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand values: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’, ‘Passion & Drive’, ‘Courage & Resilience’, ‘Collaborative’ and ‘With Soul’.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Leading the Supply Chain Team, taking full accountability for all processes and systems, driving cost and operational efficiencies
- Being the key point of contact for 3rd party warehouse provider, driving cost efficiencies and ensuring throughput is managed effectively
- Help deliver multi-carrier project and help drive commercial efficiencies once implemented, working closely with the digital and customer care team
- Leading the project management of our Brexit strategy, training and advising relevant business areas
- Building and maintaining strong commercial and operational relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in particular freight forwarders, couriers and B&M teams
- Undertaking continuous analysis of the regulatory environment, in particular, trade tariffs/duties and trade restrictions/requirements and ensure accurate and relevant communication to the wider business regarding these
- Developing, implementing, and optimising processes, systems, policies and standards to continually drive the business forwards
- Supporting the Director in all customs-related matters
- Regularly undertaking research into industry best practice and innovations
- Demonstrating strong people management and your ability to lead a high-performing and efficient team
- Creating an effective, collaborative and can-do culture where teamwork and adaptability thrive
- Collaborating effectively with colleagues across the wider business to deliver department and brand objectives
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH:
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Head of Supply Chain/Supply Chain Manager” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.