We are looking for an experienced Garment Technologist to join our dynamic and passionate Product team based at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This is a permanent and full time position. Ideally you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Garment Technologist in a similar business and experience with tailoring and outerwear product type is preferred but not essential.
To join our vibrant and fast growing business as a Garment Technologist
You’ll need to have passion, self-motivation and drive, with a clear understanding of the MV brand and the customer’s needs. You’ll be able to demonstrate your technical expertise and integrative thinking in all aspects of the role to consistently develop and improve the quality of the product. You’ll have clear communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships across functions and have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Product approval process; manage and take ownership of the fit sessions, ensure all fit comments are accurate, approve specifications and standardise blocks.
- Risk asses all products and fabrics from proto stage to delivered product. Communicate and highlight potential issues to the relevant internal teams and supply base – a problem solving ability is essential for this role.
- Test Approval; approve all test reports and wash care accordingly. Ensure the care instructions are suitable for the product type and protect the brand and customer.
- Supplier Management; develop strong links with the supply base, giving regular feedback throughout the garment approval process, completing supplier reviews on final products advising them on adherence to the supplier handbook.
- Quality Control; liaise with QC team at the Distribution Centre on daily basis to understand and respond to quality issues, assist the Distribution Centre with SAD stock decisions, liaise with Customer Services and Area Managers regarding customer feedback and returns.
- Must be up to date with Ethical and compliance standards.
You'll be rewarded with
A competitive salary, 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, a discretionary bonus scheme, generous staff discount and clothing allowance and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced and growing business.
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please apply by clicking 'apply now' below and attaching either a completed Application Form or up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you are passionate about joining Mint Velvet. Please ensure you state which of our roles you're applying for within the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To Apply :
OR Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.