We are looking for Merchandiser to join our dynamic and passionate Merchandising team based at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This is a permanent and full time position.
Job responsibilities include
- Operate as a Business Manager ensuring all departmental KPI’s are achieved through maximising sales and profit whilst minimising markdown
- Work closely with the buying function to evaluate performance, ensure customer needs are met, whilst planning and Identifying risks and opportunities.
- Maintain a clear knowledge and awareness of the Company strategy, the customer needs, the market and the competition
- Review and analyse performance to optimise the on-line business
- Construct and adapt range plans alongside the buyer to deliver a balanced, commercial range by product area
- Manage the critical path process to enable accurate intake forecasts and take appropriate action to mitigate issues
- Work with technical team to understand and improve supplier compliance, flexibility and reliability
- Determine forecasts for sales, MD, ASP, OTB and margin using Merret WSSI
- Strategically manage and direct department area, whilst developing junior team members into a high performing team.
Key Competencies, Knowledge and experience
- A minimum of 12 months experience as a Merchandiser in a fashion retail business.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships within your team and across functions.
- Good analytical and strategic planning skills
- Ability to delegate and negotiate
- Strong commercial awareness, to maximise profitability while planning and developing for the future.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Bonus scheme
- Staff Discount
- Pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please apply by attaching an up to date CV and covering letter explaining which role you are applying for and why you are passionate about joining Mint Velvet. Alternatively click below on the LinkedIn button to apply with your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.