We are looking for a Merchandiser to join our dynamic and passionate Merchandise team based at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This is a permanent and full time position. Ideally you will have a minimum of 12 months experience as a Merchandiser in a fashion retail business.
To join our vibrant and fast growing business as a Merchandiser
You’ll need to have excellent communication skills, with the ability to build and manage strong relationships within your team and across functions. You will have good analytical and strategic planning skills, alongside the ability to delegate and negotiate. You must be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness, to maximise profitability while planning and developing for the future.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Operate as a Business Manager ensuring all departmental KPI’s are achieved through maximising sales and profit whilst minimising markdown
- Work closely with the buying function to evaluate performance, ensure customer needs are met, whilst planning and Identifying risks and opportunities.
- Maintain a clear knowledge and awareness of the Company strategy, the customer needs, the market and the competition
- Review and analyse performance to optimise the on-line business
- Construct and adapt range plans alongside the buyer to deliver a balanced, commercial range by product area
- Manage the critical path process to enable accurate intake forecasts and take appropriate action to mitigate issues
- Work with technical team to understand and improve supplier compliance, flexibility and reliability
You'll be rewarded with
A competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, a discretionary bonus scheme, generous staff discount and clothing allowance and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced and growing business.
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please apply by clicking 'apply now' below and attaching either a completed Application Form or up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you are passionate about joining Mint Velvet. Please ensure you state which of our roles you're applying for within the email. Closing date for this role is the 3rd March 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.