How to makeA HOMEMADE ADVENT CALENDAR
As Christmas approaches each year, our co-founder Jane loves to create lovely advent calendars for her family with little treats for each day. She uses foliage that she forages from her garden and the forests that surround her beautiful home in Tunbridge Wells. Follow Jane’s easy-peasy instructions to create your own this year.
“This end of the year is all about going back to nature for me – I start foraging for twigs and leaves at the end of November to begin my homemade wreaths and advent calendars.”
HOW TO MAKE A HANDMADE ADVENT CALENDAR
- 25 small paper bags
- Some string, twine or ribbon
- Foraged twigs or leaves
- Small wooden decorations
- Pins or small clips
- A pin board or frame
- Your 25 treats (pick bits that are small, light, and non-perishable)
- Fill your 25 paper bags with the treats you’ve assembled (if you’re fussy about the order, leave them open and only close them one by one so you remember what’s in each one – to make things easier, you can always number them).
- Cut some string and fasten it around each closed bag, finishing each one with a bow and either a wooden decoration of a foraged twig/leave (I like to alternate them).
- Using your clips or some pins, attach your little bags to the board or frame.
- And that’s it! Your calendar is ready for December 1st.