The below steps will help you achieve a gloriously festive look, but remember that style is a personal thing; use these steps as guidance, but the most important thing is to make it yours.
1. Candles, Candles, Candles! Tea lights, pillar candles and candlesticks all at different heights will create a warm and glowing atmosphere
2. Use pretty mirrors as place mats. They reflect light and create a really beautiful sparkly atmosphere – perfect for Christmas
3. Get creative – decorate your chairs. Table decorations can be problematic when it comes to serving food, so focussing on your chairs can be a great alternative. Hang foliage down the back with a trio of decorations all tied with beautiful ribbon.
4. Faux plants will be your saviour! Think sparkling ivy and metallic ferns – these can be used to create dramatic table displays without having to break out the spray can.
5. Have some fun. Last year we bought black and gold stickers with celebrity names on and put them on each guest’s glass. Frida Kahlo, Coco Chanel, Elvis and Brigitte Bardot were in attendance along with other favourite iconic celebrities.
Find more festive inspiration at