Craft cardboard or thick paper
Cream or white paper
Scalpel or Cutting knife
Shallow baking tray
Tissue paper or felt to make a hat
Various colours of nail polishes
Craft glue or double sided tape
Gifts for inside cracker
1. Pour warm water into a large baking tray. Fill about 2 inches with the water at room temperature.
2. Using old nail polish, pour and swirl the polish into the tray of water using a mix of different colours for the best effect.
3. Lay a sheet of card/thick paper onto the water and leave for 10 seconds.
4. Remove the sheet and lay your marbled effect paper to dry.
5. Once your marbled paper has dried, trace your cracker template onto the plain side of the card.
6. Remove the diamond shapes using either a scalpel or cutting knife on a cutting mat.
7. Fold the ‘diamond’ section of the cracker in half so that it bends inwards into a mountain on the inner side of your cracker.
8. Next, simply stick a snapper in the centre of your cracker using either glue or double sided tape.
9. Fill your cracker with a hat, toys, sweets, confetti, party games, and the obligatory joke.
10. Roll into a tube shape and tape your cracker together.
11. Finish off your cracker with a velvet ribbon at either end.
Place on each side plate and see your guest’s amazement that these were handmade!