BLOOMING ICE CUBES
Planning a summer soiree? Why not add edible flowers to your ice cube tray.
FLORAL GLYCERIN SOAP
Dried flowers and/or leaves, such as: rosemary, eucalyptus, hibiscus, lavender, juniper berries, dried citrus peels
Solid glycerin soap base
Essential oils – eucalyptus, lemon, rosemary, orange, etc.
Moulds – silicone works best
1. Cut the glycerine soap into pieces and melt according to package directions.
2. Carefully and slowly add the essential oils, about 5 drops per ounce of soap used. Stir gently and slowly to prevent bubbles from forming.
3. Gently rap the jar or container on the countertop to release any larger trapped air bubbles.
4. Place the dried flowers or herbs into the mould and carefully fill each one with the melted soap base.
5. Let it cool completely.
6. Then pop out of the moulds!
EDIBLE FLOWER CHOCOLATE BARK
Gel food colouring
Colourful sprinkles (optional)
1. Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the packaging, either on the stovetop or microwave.
2. Separate the melted chocolate into 2 containers and add gel food colouring to each one. We chose X and X.
3. Pour the melted chocolate onto a baking tray that has been covered with parchment paper. Keep half of the pan one colour and the other half the second colour to get a colour blocked look. Smooth with a flat spatula, if needed.
4. Next, remove the petals from your edible flowers add to the chocolate while it is still in a liquid state. Sprinkle the flower petals over the top and add colourful sprinkles as well.
5. Pop the pan into the fridge and wait for the chocolate to harden completely.
6. Once the chocolate is completely hardened, use the back of a wooden spoon to break the chocolate up into pieces of bark.
You could always try making a wreath this season to invite summer into your home, simply follow our spring wreath ’how to’, but switch for your favourite seasonal flowers.