The FOFBOC exercise literally helps you keep your feet on the ground.
It stands for Feet On Floor Bum On Chair and it’s easy to do:
- As you sit, feel your weight.
- Notice that you are safe and supported.
- Be aware of the places you feel pressure.
- Imagine that you can draw energy from the ground through your feet. Feel grounded.
- Noticing the gentle expansion and contraction of your breathing.
This exercise is something you can do whenever you have a quiet moment. If you can do it for five minutes that’s great.
Now we are embodied, how do we then have Gravitas at work?
Women struggle with the idea of being the ‘difficult’ one in the room.
Remember these four principles:
- Speak out about a common purpose. Be in service to something bigger than you.
- Be very clear who you are speaking for and to.
- Let go of needing to be liked, focus on getting the job done.
- For an instant authority boost, consciously speak in a slow, calm, concise way. When you’ve said enough, pause and close your mouth. Let others fill the silence.