SAFFRON TURKEY MEATBALLS
Saffron, 8 strands
1000g Organic turkey mince
240g diced Onion
4 tbsp diced Sage
1 tbsp chopped Sumac
2 tbsp Flaked sea salt
1 tsp Coarse black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a tray with parchment.
2. Beat eggs and add saffron. Set aside to infuse.
3. Chop vegetables and add to turkey along with spices and seasoning. Mix well.
4. Make 30 x 35g meatballs. Tightly packing them into balls.
5. Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
CANDIED GINGER SESAME BRUSSELS SPROUTS
350g Brussels sprouts
20g Ginger, peeled and grated
2 tbsp Sesame oil
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Maple syrup
1 tsp Flaked sea salt
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
Black pepper to taste
1. Peel yellow/ brown outer leaves of sprouts and trim bottom. Wash thoroughly and dry. Cut in half.
2. Peel ginger with back of a spoon and grate. Mix ginger with sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, syrup and salt. Toss sprouts in ginger dressing.
3. Heat a pan to medium heat. Cook sprouts cut side down for 7 mins with lid. Flip and cook for anther 7-10 until cooked. Toss in peas and warm for 1-2 mins.
4. Serve with sesame seeds and freshly ground black pepper.
COCONUT PUMPKIN PARFAITS
500g coconut cream (leaving water)
desiccated coconut or coconut chips, toasted
3 tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, scraped
250g pumpkin puree
65ml coconut water (from above)
175ml coconut cream
80g coconut sugar (or any other sugar)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Place the unopened can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight. The next day, open the tin and scrape off the thicker part of the cream, which will have set overnight.
2. Pour the remaining thinner milk into a glass jar and reserve for puree.
3. Whisk the cream by hand or using a free-standing mixer until soft smooth peaks form.
4. Refrigerate until ready to use. The cream will thicken slightly in the fridge, so stir gently or whip up lightly before use if necessary.
1. Combine all ingredients in food processor or high-speed blender.
2. When smooth, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
1. PH oven 180C.
2. In a bowl coat pecans with coconut oil, then maple syrup and salt. Roast in oven for 20 mins. Cool before assembly.
3. Separately toast desiccated coconut or coconut chips for 4 mins.
In tall glass or short wide glass tumbler, assemble parfait by starting with puree, then adding coconut cream in alternate layers until you reach the top which should be coconut cream, then top with toasted pecans and toasted desiccated coconut.