15g organic butter or coconut oil
20g cacao powder
2 double shot espresso (or 3 tsp instant coffee with 30ml water)
2 (very) ripe bananas (approx. 180g)
1 tsp vanilla extract or seeds
20g coconut syrup (or maple or honey)
2 large egg whites
1 pinch salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C.
2. Prep: Heat butter or coconut oil until it liquefies, set aside. Coat the ramekin dishes with coconut oil and cacao powder. Set in fridge. Prepare 2 double espresso shots or mix instant coffee with water, set aside to cool.
3. Mash 2 ripe bananas. Add vanilla extract, sweetener, sift the cacao powder then add cooled coffee. Mix until even.
4. In another bowl, separate the egg whites, add a pinch of salt and whisk by hand or with blender until it forms soft peaks.
5. Add 1/3 of the whisked egg whites to banana mixture and fold. Then slowly fold the rest of the egg whites a little at a time until the mixture is combined.
6. Evenly scoop batter into ramekins. Gently tap ramekins to level mixture and bake for 15 mins without opening oven. Watch those babies rise!
7. Serve immediately while fluffy and hot.
“The only thing that will make a soufflé fall is if it knows you are afraid of it.”
Why not enjoy this hot and fluffy mocha soufflé with a good read – GO TO BOOK CLUB