MANGO, CHERRY AND OAT PANCAKES
Gluten & dairy free, these pancakes really are a delight, and a gloriously delicious one at that.
The secret to great pancakes is to make a very small test one first. If it’s too dense, add more milk and if it spreads too quickly, add more oats (try not to eat too many before breakfast…).
100g Flaked Oats (ground)
25g Desiccated Coconut
1 tsp Baking Powder
100g Mango (very ripe!)
150g Cherries – pitted, halved
180-200ml Milk (Almond or Coconut for dairy-free)
3-4tsps Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Coconut Yogurt (optional)
125ml Maple Syrup
1. Blend oats, coconut, baking powder and salt in a food processor until a coarse powder is formed. Separately, blitz the mango and eggs until smooth.
2. Gently whisk the oats and pureed mango mix together and then slowly add milk until you reach your desired consistency (like loose porridge).
3. Heat a non-stick pan on low and add 1 tsp coconut oil. Swirl around to melt.
4. Add 3 tbsp of batter for each pancake making 2-3 pancakes at a time. Press your pitted halved cherries into each of the pancakes.
5. As soon as bubbles appear, flip pancakes and cook until golden.
6. Serve in a stack with coconut yogurt, maple syrup and more fresh cherries and mango.