The Assistant Merchandiser will support the Merchandiser in running departments through maximizing sales and profit opportunities, while minimising markdown spend. Supporting the growth of the department through providing accurate analysis, commercial suggestions and proactive trading actions.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS A ASSISTANT MERCHANDISER…
You will ideally have experience in the role of an Assistant Merchandiser or will be an established MAA looking to step up.
You will be a highly numerical and data-driven individual who takes a collaborative approach to work- focusing on strong relationship building. You demonstrate excellent communication skills and can communication effectively with people at all levels- and are able to influence effectively. You’re brilliantly organised with the ability to prioritise your workload in order to get the job done to the highest standards.
You are a self- starter, confident to admit if you do not know something and able to seek advice from others. You are resilient and able to adapt to change, focusing on solutions not problems.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand values: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’, ‘Passion & Drive’, ‘Courage & Resilience’, ‘Collaborative’ and ‘With Soul’.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Support the Merchandiser to maximise the profitability of the ranges, the stores and the digital business and to deliver in-season actions to maximise profit opportunities.
- Range building, including completing historical analysis, accurately calculating line buys and ensuring accurate sizing decisions are made
- Create and maintain an accurate intake and delivery schedule
- Check and maintain systems for delivery performance, including dealing with deliveries which are out of tolerance
- Complete weekly analysis of department, product and store performance in order to establish trading patterns
- Identify best and worst sellers and make recommendations
- KPI Analysis
- Manage MAA daily activity, workload and priorities and delegate effectively whilst creating learning opportunities
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance and access to Smart Health
- Life assurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Summer hours- 3pm finishes every Friday throughout June, July & August
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Merchandiser” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.