We are looking for an experienced Dress Designer to join our dynamic and passionate design team based at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This position is full time and permanent. Ideally you will have a degree in fashion and approximately 5 years’ experience in womenswear design.
To join our vibrant and fast growing business as a Dress Designer.
You’ll need to be passionate about creative design, with a strong brand focus and keen commercial eye. You’ll have strong and clear communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across functions, and a proactive nature. You will have proven experience as a Designer and be able to demonstrate hand draw designs, as well as work with Photoshop and Illustrator.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design a dress range in line with our relaxed glamour ethos
- Under the direction of the Creative Director & Head of Design, you will research, interpret & design range within the Mint Velvet handwriting
- Present ideas to the Design & Buying teams each season
- Manage fabric sourcing and have a good knowledge of fabrics and trims, an eye for detail and ideas on fabric mixing
- Good eye for print, will work closely with in-house Print Designer and print studios to give direction and select prints
- Spec drawings to a high standard
- Review and fit samples with Buyer
- Visit key suppliers to action new samples
- Shop ideas for new shapes/trims etc. Commercial awareness of key competitors
- Attend any relevant shows
You'll be rewarded with
A competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, a discretionary bonus scheme, generous staff discount and clothing allowance and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced and growing business.
If you have the experience and passion for this role
If you feel you have the energy, enthusiasm and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Dress Designer” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To Apply :
OR Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.