Group Financial Controller
This is a great opportunity for a commercially focussed, technically strong finance professional to play a central leadership role in our finance function. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all financial accounting for Mint Velvet, implementing robust financial controls and processes, and suggesting improvements and efficiencies within the team. You will oversee the month end process and be responsible for the delivery of the year-end audit, including the production of the statutory accounts in a timely manner in accordance with FRS 102. You will also be the main point of contact for Group reporting and all tax and compliance matters. You will line manage a team of three, ensuring the team are continually developing and promoting a best-in-class mind-set.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS DIGITAL GROWTH ASSISTANT...
You will be ACA or ACCA qualified with proven PQ experience. You will have experience within a retail business and have an appreciation of and desire to learn about new technology. You’re great at manipulating data with strong Excel skills, and apply a strong commercial mind-set to all that you do.
You’ve managed the preparation of consolidated statutory accounts under FRS 102 and have a strong appreciation of and familiarity with working capital and treasury management. You have knowledge of FX contracts and relevant accounting. Previous experience of using Pegasus Opera that is a bonus, but not essential.
You’re an experienced line manager who inspires results, and a great colleague to those you work with. You’re resilient – able to adapt and effectively lead your team through change.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand behaviours: ‘Judgement’, ‘Communication’, ‘Curiosity’, ‘Courage’, ‘Passion’, ‘Selflessness’, ‘Collective Goal’.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Preparation of statutory accounts at both company and Group level, including consolidations
- Leading on all technical accounting matters and ensuring ongoing compliance with FRS 102
- Overseeing the audit process with external auditors
- Taking responsibility for quarterly group reporting
- Responsible for all tax compliance within the business, liaising with our Group accounting team to ensure all deadlines are met
- Working with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with new Capital Expenditure processes
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations monthly, ensuring that working papers are completed to a high standard
- Ensuring your team is always clear about the work to be done how their work fits into the bigger strategic picture
- Conducting regular performance reviews, sharing constructive feedback, celebrating successes and managing any performance issues promptly
- Developing a strong day-to-day working relationships across the business and with external stakeholders
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Group Financial Controller’” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.