Junior Front End Developer
We are looking for a permanent and full time Junior Web Developer to join our dedicated Marketing team. As a Junior Web Developer you will be responsible for the development of all digital content including our homepages, emails, magazine articles, digital content pages and more. The role sits within our Digital Marketing team, where you will use a customer-focused mind set and a basic understanding of technical SEO best practice in order to effectively support and enhance user experience across the site. You will benefit from a close working relationship with our Front-End Developer in the Business Systems team, who will support you in building your technical expertise and offer the opportunity for exposure to a range of front-end development projects.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS FRONT END DEVELOPER
You will embody the Mint Velvet values; demonstrating curiosity, courage, passion and selflessness. You will be brilliantly organised and have the ability to effectively prioritise your workload whilst remaining flexible in your approach. You will be a self- starter who is motivated and excited to learn.
- Ownership and delivery of all day to day content development on the website
- Completing daily checks across all on-site activity
- Maintaining best practice under guidance of the Senior Developer
- Ensuring all content is optimised across various view ports plus ongoing device performance testing
- Proposing new functionality and implement improvements to user experience across the site
- Being a key participant in Design brainstorms for new content areas, landing pages and other ad hoc web pages
- Adhering to SEO best practice and supporting on technical improvements
- Conducting site health monitoring (including SEO improvements)
- Supporting the Front-End Developer on platform based developments
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company-funded private health insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Front End Developer’” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.