Trading Business Partner
(12 month fixed term contract)
Trading Business Partner (12 month fixed term contract)
This is a great opportunity for a commercially focussed finance professional to play a central role in our finance function. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all trade reporting and commercial analysis for the wider business. You will be responsible for producing the year-end budget and reforecasting throughout the year, as well as preparing the monthly Board pack for the Board of Directors. You will also business partner with the marketing team, setting KPI’s for new and existing customer and measuring ROI on both digital and direct marketing.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS AS TRADING BUSINESS PARTNER…
You will be CIMA qualified with proven PQE experience. You will have previous experience working in a retail environment. Knowledge of systems including Board, Datitude, Pegasus and Merret is preferable, but not essential.
You will be demonstrate excellent excel skills and will be confident working with a fast paced environment managing multiple tasks at once. You’re able to anticipate challenges, responding and adapting effectively.
You consistently role model our Mint Velvet brand values: ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’, ‘Passion & Drive’, ‘Courage & Resilience’, ‘Collaborative’ and ‘With Soul’.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Producing weekly trade reports for wider business
- Preparing the financial plan and reforecasts
- Preparation of monthly Board Packs, providing insightful and relevant information to the Board of Directors
- Acting as the Finance business partner for the marketing team, helping set KPI’s, analyse performance and shape future strategy
- Evaluation of promotional activities
- Adhoc analysis & reporting for other head office departments
- ROI analysis on new capital projects undertaken across the business
- Ensuring meeting decks are submitted in a timely & accurate manner
- Collaborating effectively with colleagues across the wider business to deliver department and brand objectives
YOU'LL BE REWARDED WITH
- Competitive starting salary and great career prospects in a fast paced and growing business
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 50% staff discount
- Interest-free Season ticket loan
- Bespoke induction support and ongoing development to help you thrive in your new role
- A welcoming and inspiring work-environment - take advantage of Yoga classes, social activities, an early finish on pay day and more
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Trading Business Partner (12 month fixed term contract)” in the subject line. If you’re shortlisted, our interview process typically includes a telephone interview and, if you progress, a face to face interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.