We’re looking for a permanent, full time Junior Buyer to our dynamic and passionate Buying team, at our Head Office in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. This is a fast paced and varied role with great potential for progression. Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience from a previous Junior Buyer role in a similar retail business.
To join our vibrant and fast growing business as a Junior Buyer.
You’ll need to have confidence, creative flair and passion. Commercial awareness, as well as a clear understanding of the Mint Velvet customer and brand handwriting, is essential for this role. You’ll have the ability to work in a small, close-knit team and have excellent communication, organisation and problem solving skills. And by no means least, you’ll need to be an inspirational, helpful and informed role model and know, wear and live the Mint Velvet style.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Designer to interpret trends and develop product
- Deliver a range that demonstrates and exhibits Mint Velvet handwriting
- Range planning to ensure it is balanced
- Negotiate costs with suppliers to maximise best value on high street
- Continually review and update the range in response to sales and competitor activity
- Maximise profitability irrespective of changes in trend
- Work closely with the Merchandiser to plan and manage profit targets at all times
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships within the buying, design, merchandising teams and suppliers
You'll be rewarded with
A competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, a discretionary bonus scheme, generous staff discount and clothing allowance and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced and growing business.
If you have the experience and passion for this role
If you feel you have the energy, enthusiasm and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Junior Buyer” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To Apply :
OR Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.