Senior Soft Wovens Designer
We are looking for an experienced or Senior Soft Wovens Designer to join our dynamic and passionate Design team based at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This is a permanent and full time position. Ideally you will have a degree in fashion and approximately 5 years’ plus experience.
To join our vibrant and fast growing business as a Senior Soft Wovens Designer
You must be Passionate and creative about design, while being both Brand focused and commercial. Have strong & clear communication skills and the ability to manage others. You must have Knowledge of photo-shop and illustrator (and basic excel.) The ability to draw freehand and have both an eye of colour is imperative. Within this role you will need to work closely with the Buyers and Suppliers therefore prior experience of print design and artworks is ideal.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design dresses/tops/soft separates in line with our relaxed glamour ethos
- Under the direction of the Creative Director & Head of Design, you will research, interpret & design range within the Mint Velvet handwriting
- You will manage the Print Designer and Junior Jersey Designer
- Present ideas to the Design & Buying teams each season
- Manage the fabric sourcing and have a good knowledge of fabrics and trims, an eye for detail and ideas on fabric mixing
- Good eye for print and will work closely with in-house Print Designer to give direction and select prints
- Spec drawings to a high standard
- Review and fit samples with Buyer
- Visit key suppliers to action new samples
- Shop ideas for new shapes/trims etc. Commercial awareness of key competitors
- Attend any relevant shows
You'll be rewarded with
A competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, a discretionary bonus scheme, generous staff discount and clothing allowance and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced and growing business.
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please apply by clicking 'apply now' below and attaching either a completed Application Form or up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you are passionate about joining Mint Velvet. Please ensure you state which of our roles you're applying for within the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.