Soft Woven Tops Designer
We are looking for an experienced Soft Woven Tops Designer to join our dynamic and passionate Design team, based at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This is role is temporary, for up to 9-12 months maternity cover, and full time. Ideally you will have a degree in fashion and at least 5 years experience working in a similar fashion retailer.
TO JOIN OUR VIBRANT AND FAST GROWING BUSINESS A SOFT WOVEN TOPS DESIGNER
You’ll need to be passionate about creative design, with a strong brand focus and keen commercial eye. You’ll have strong and clear communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across functions, and a proactive nature. You will have proven experience as a Soft Wovens Designer and be able to demonstrate hand draw designs, as well as work with Photoshop and Illustrator.
Job responsibilities include
- Design soft woven product in line with our relaxed glamour ethos
- Under the direction of the Head of Design, you will research, interpret & design range within the Mint Velvet handwriting
- Present ideas to the Design & Buying teams each season
- Manage fabric sourcing and have a good knowledge of fabrics and trims, an eye for detail and ideas on fabric mixing
- Good eye for print, will work closely with in-house Print Designer and print studios to give direction and select prints
- Spec drawings to a high standard
- Review and fit samples with Buyer
- Visit key suppliers to action new samples
- Shop ideas for new shapes/trims etc
- Commercial awareness of key competitors
- Attend any relevant shows
YOU WILL BE REWARDED WITH
A competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, a discretionary bonus scheme, generous staff discount and the opportunity to develop your career in a fast paced and growing business.
If you have the experience and passion for this role
Please apply by attaching an up to date CV, portfolio examples and covering letter explaining which role you are applying for and why you are passionate about joining Mint Velvet. Alternatively click below on the LinkedIn button to apply with your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We're looking for
individuals who are
- • Passionate and driven
- • Able to think outside of the box
- • Can challenge and problem solve
- • Commercially aware
- • Innovative
- • Have a sleeves rolled up attitude
- • A love of style and retail
- • Able to put the customer first
- • Have an eye for the detail
- • Inspiring to others
- • Show initiative
- • Excellent communicators and well organised
Regrettably, due to the high volume of applicants we receive we are only able to respond to successful candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.
At Mint Velvet we always recruit our staff directly and are successful in doing so. We therefore do not need to use the services of recruitment agencies. We ask that you do not contact any of the Managers or HR Team in order to introduce your services. We do appreciate the interest you have in our company and thank you for your understanding.